Apple Home Advisor Job Description, Skills, and Salary
Get to know about the duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and skills requirements of an Apple Home Advisor. Feel free to use our Apple Home Advisor job description template to produce your own. We also provide you with information about the salary you can earn as an Apple Home Advisor.
Who is an Apple Home Advisor?
Apple Home Advisors are members of Apple’s support team who provide a wide range of client-oriented services to all Apple customers, including troubleshooting, customer care, and technical support.
This is accomplished by phone, chat, and email. Apple Home Advisors are the first line of communication between Apple customers and the company.
They answer inquiries regarding the Company’s goods, services, and accessories, both hardware, and software, by taking calls, responding to emails, and chatting with consumers. Customers with Apple goods such as Apple TV, Mac, iPad, iPod, iPhone, and Apple Watch can get help from them.
Despite their ability to manage a wide range of products and accessories, they are rarely expected to answer inquiries on all of them. This means they have specific products in which they specialize.
As a result, they are the first to learn about the Company’s new products and services before the customers.
This equips them with the expertise to educate clients and, more importantly, to answer inquiries about the products and services.
This is Apple’s strategy of developing a human connection with their customers by delegating customer service to people like you. The best part is that you can do it without leaving your house.
A Home Advisor’s job is to build a business system framework that will allow a management consulting firm’s CEOs, mid-management, and staff to grow. For troubleshooting, Home Advisors adapt to various communication methods depending on the consumers’ level of technology. They assess customer interactions and refer customer or client issues to the appropriate department. They also show adaptability to different communication styles and adjust their approach to meet the demands of others.
Aside from the necessary knowledge and technical skills, Apple Home advisors must have a passion for technology and for assisting others. Advisors must also be able to motivate themselves, work autonomously, and seamlessly switch between various programs and systems.
Apple home advisor works within Apple’s standard support hours. Shifts are determined by the demands of the company. During holidays, peak business hours, and training, you may be required to work longer hours.
Apple pays between $10 and $23 per hour, depending on the position and expertise level. Those hired in bilingual positions should expect to earn more money than those hired in unilingual positions.
Apart from the income or hourly pay, working as an Apple Home Advisor offers the following benefits:
- Career development programs
- 401(k) match
- Options on stocks
- Cost savings from cycling
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Assistance with education
- Assistance with childcare
- Apple product discounts
- Sick time
- Vacation pay
Other incentives are dependent on performance.
An Apple Home Advisor’s position or job is extremely important. This is because Apple Home Advisors acts as a link between Apple Product users and the company. They offer troubleshooting, explanations, and answers to queries about Apple devices and accessories, as well as any other supported requirement.
In comparison to other hiring processes, the steps to becoming an Apple Home Advisor are not particularly difficult.
The most important thing is to meet the basic standards, which will put you ahead of the competition.
Apple has several At Home Advisor positions, which are divided into three degrees of seniority: Advisor, Team Manager, and Area Manager:
- As an Apple Home Advisor: You’ll be responsible for answering technical queries and resolving customer problems. Apple Home Advisors are excellent problem solvers that are both friendly and professional and can deal with whatever customers throw their way. Apple looks for people who have great people skills who can give its brand a human taste.
- Team Manager at Home: Home Team Managers are the next level up for advisors. You’ll be in charge of supervising Advisors and encouraging your team to provide world-class customer service. As a supervisor for an Advisor team, you’ll be responsible for your team’s performance as well as for ensuring that customer issues are properly resolved. Through coaching sessions and online meetings, you’ll be in charge of your team’s professional development.
- Area Manager at Home: The role of At Home Area Manager is the next step up from Team Manager. Area Managers will oversee a team of Team Managers, ensuring that each team is properly resolving customer issues.
You’ll be in charge of various Team Managers who manage groups of At Home Advisors, and you’ll be in charge of driving excellent customer service results for Apple.
In addition, you’ll be expected to train and advise your Team Managers.
Apple Home Advisor Job Description
Below are the Apple Home Advisor job description examples you can use to develop your resume or write an Apple Home Advisor job description for your employee. Employers can also use it to sieve out job seekers when choosing candidates for interviews.
The duties and responsibilities of an Apple Home Advisor include the following:
- Provide basic IT help to non-technical employees in the company.
- Use HL software, and follow up with clients to ensure optimal customer service satisfaction (Hotline).
- Respond to the customer’s technical support needs.
- Determine the needs of the customer and troubleshoot as needed.
- Gather all relevant information and troubleshoot the product as needed.
- Provide sophisticated Apple product troubleshooting assistance.
- Tutor and led junior engineers in optimizing SQL and application development.
- Experience with professional technical troubleshooting
- Experience with customer assistance by phone, online chat, or email
- In English, a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute is required.
- Ability to adapt messages to different audiences and situations
- Customer service knowledge and ability to resolve technological challenges.
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment and effective time management
- Willingness to welcome professional feedback from peers and team leaders.
- Knowledge of Apple products in general
- Interested in learning new talents and taking on new challenges
- Work schedule flexibility
- Possess a computer with an internet connection.
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised atmosphere and feel comfortable doing so.
- Reading, understanding, and following oral and written instructions.
- Communication skill: The ability to express one’s ideas and thoughts to another through expressions, words, or deeds is known as communication. Receiving and sending information is referred to as communication. To run a successful business, people must be able to communicate and deliver their message to clients.
Communication ability allows for Flexibility in dealing with various communication styles and adapting approaches to meet the demands of others.
- Product expertise: Product knowledge is the ability to gain a deeper understanding of the product you’re selling. Product knowledge is required of company employees for them to communicate with and inform customers about the product. Product knowledge is crucial for a stronger sales presentation and to provide the buyer with a more full picture of the product, which will finally influence him to buy it.
- Customer service skill: Customer service is the process of assisting current and potential customers by answering inquiries, resolving issues, and delivering good service. The main goal of customer service is to build a strong relationship with clients so that they would return for more business.
Apple home advisors use customer service skills to Maintain a consistent service presence while achieving excellent customer service survey results and securing profitable referral prospects.
They also Manage several systems and apps while providing exceptional customer support to every one of them.
- Writing skill: Strong writing abilities are beneficial for generating instructions and email responses for staff and customers, as well as real-time web chat conversations.
- Listening skill: A Home Advisor can utilize listening skills to provide product knowledge, experience, report, and recommendations based on probing and active listening.
- Troubleshoot skill: Troubleshooting is the process of assessing and resolving any system or machine problem. Troubleshooting is the process of searching the system depth in but quickly for the root cause of an issue and resolving it.
Troubleshooting skills help Apple home advisors to assess and troubleshoot 10-20 consumers on a variety of issues involving multiple Apple products.
- Problem Solving: The ability to cope with problems that need to be resolved, decisions that need to be made, and risks that need to be reduced are referred to as issue resolution. In essence, an issue resolution process aims to make it easier for people to solve after a problem arises.
Setup, installation, configuration, questions, and issue resolution for hardware and software items via phone, chat, and remote support.
- Multitasking skill: To guarantee that the consumer was well taken care of, and Manage numerous programs like SafeVieiw and Bomgar while guiding customers through the most effective troubleshooting processes.
- IOS product: The “iPhone operating system” is the operating system that runs on Apple phones and other mobile devices. This framework, together with Apple’s software development kit, enables app developers to create new apps tailored to Apple devices.
IOS product skill helps apple home advisors to Provide technical and customer assistance for Apple iOS products such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod via the phone.
And also Provide troubleshooting solutions and answer any inquiries about the iPhone and other iOS products’ hardware and software.
- Windows skill: Windows is a collection of operating systems created by Microsoft that govern computers. Every version of Windows includes a desktop with a graphical user interface (GUI) that allows users to open their files.
Window skill assists Apple home advisor to provide Technical support for iTunes on Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Technical support skill: The services given by any hardware or software company to users are known as technical support or tech support. Apple home advisor provides and assists consumers in resolving technical problems with Apple products or services in a phone-based environment. Furthermore, the IT issues are maintained and managed by the Apple home advisor. They’re also in charge of troubleshooting network issues, as well as installing and configuring hardware and software.
How to Become an Apple Home Advisor
- Undergo training: Apple Home Advisors, like other staff, go through a rigorous training program that covers both theoretical and practical aspects of their jobs.
Apple Home Advisors are required to complete a nine-week trainee program.
This course is delivered through a virtual program led by a live instructor. Topics on Apple products, advanced troubleshooting, and the use of job-specific tools and processes are just a few of the topics or lessons covered program to program.
The most significant aspect of this training is Apple’s distinct approach to customer service and support.
- Meet the requirements which include;
- Passing a background check and a pre-employment evaluation.
- With an ergonomic chair and desk, you’ll have a private and peaceful workspace.
- A high-speed internet connection with a download rate of at least 10 megabits and an upload rate of at least 3 megabits is required.
- Fill out an online application: The application procedure to become an at-home advisor takes about 1-2 months, although it starts with an internet application, similar to how retail and corporate jobs do.
- Make yourself at ease and ready for a video interview: If the recruiting staff believes you’re a good fit, you’ll be invited to participate in a one-hour to the one-and-a-half video interview. This interview is mostly intended to assess your technical ability and problem-solving abilities.
Where to work as an Apple Home Advisor
Apple Home Advisors mainly work directly for Apple company either as in-house staff or as remote workers.
Apple Home Advisor Salary Scale
In the United States, the average Home Advisor pay is $71,602 per year or $34.42 per hour. People on the lower end of that spectrum, the bottom 10%, earn around $37,000 per year, while the highest 10% earn around $and6,000 per year.
The average income for an Apple Home Advisor in the United Kingdom is £23,510. Salaries range from £16,004 to £49,149 each year. When additional pay and perks are taken into account, an Apple Home Advisor in the London Area can earn a total pay value of £25,709.
Employee Advantages: Apple provides exceptional benefits to its at-home employees, including paid time off, product discounts, and prospects for advancement.
In terms of remuneration, Apple offers competitive pay that is contingent on what is discussed during the interview process.
Apple Home Advisors make roughly $16 per hour. Aside from your hourly wage, Apple may provide paid time off and fantastic employee discounts to all of its employees, including part-time workers. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to advance your professional career.
Apple employees are usually provided with a variety of services, coaching, and mentoring to help them advance professionally.